Friday, August 12, 2011

Do u guys think Morris Chestnut, Taye Diggs, Derek Luke will ever star with a female their complexion???

I agree there is a double standard. I've seen this pattern in dating as well, but recently, the younger generation seems to be less colour struck and more in touch with their own unique ethnic beauty. Its reflected prominantly in natural hair styles and I think thats great. I believe darker skinned sisters will be more fairly represented in the entertainment industry as the moving force will be the younger generation that has far less baggage in self hatred. At least thats my hope. Not long ago, sisters like Brandy, and Woopie would not have been seriously considered as box office draws, but today is a new day. And lets not forget queens like Cicilly Tyson who broke ground in the acting world when the icon of physicalbeauty was Marilyn Monroe. My best friend is VERY Dark. There is no actor, except one african I've seen, who is as dark as she is and I know that she has experienced discrimination from African Americans, not whites. I am very light skinned and I know that people treat me differently, usually in a positive way. I've dated guys who I immediately dumped when I realized they were more into my skin colour than me. We need to love and respect ourselves before we can expect the entertainment industry to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment